"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
This is the sum of our Christian faith. On the basis of this and many other passages in the Bible, we believe, teach and confess that:
- There is one God, who has revealed himself in the Bible as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The entire Bible is the inspired and inerrant word of God.
- God created the entire world and humanity.
- All people are conceived and born in sin, commit sin throughout their entire lives, and therefore are under God's condemnation.
- God sent his own Son, Jesus Christ, into the world to be the Savior of all people. Jesus lived a perfect life for us and paid for the sins of the entire world with his innocent death on the cross.
- God raised Jesus from the dead.
- By faith in Jesus as our Savior we have the forgiveness of all sins and a sure hope of eternal life in heaven.
- At the end of the world, Jesus will return, taking all who have faith in him to live with him forever.
To find out more about what we believe and the Scriptural source for our beliefs, contact Pastor Seelman. You can also check out “This We Believe” from our synod's website: https://wels.net/about-wels/what-we-believe/this-we-believe/.